The commuter is a sleek and very lightweight backpack specially made for students and creatives wanting to carry the essentials from A to B, plus for the unexpected bulky or lengthy baggage.
It fits an A3 size sketchbook or folder, and the roll top opens fully to carry annoying long rulers, or material rolls.
It features a large front zipper pocket for quick access to small items. It is padded on the back to provide protection for the items in the laptop compartment, and for extra comfort if wearing all day long.
The front panel is decorated with handcut stencils or abstract compositions, then heat pressed (not painted), thus creating a unique art piece just for you, that cleans the environment.
- Inner laptop compartment
- Unique decorative art piece on front panel
- Large front zipper pocket
- Roll top for water protection when closed and the unexpected extra baggage and long items
- Back panel padding with soft materials
- Shoulder strap padding with soft materials
- Recycled LDPE and HDPE plastic bags from local businesses
- Upcycled polyester, cotton and other materials from camping tents, curtains and clothing.
- Polypropylene webbing straps and adjusters
- Heavy duty Nylon Zipper
- Size: 60cm x 36.5cm x12.5cm
- Capacity: 25 Litres
- Weight: 486 grams
- Colour: Black, and white
- Origin of material: Shopping bags and commercially used plastic bags from food and textile industry
- Made in Melbourne, Australia
Nativa - Commuter backpack
These are examples of the patterns you could get. Every one is unique. If you want a particular color or style please get in contact.
Everything composing this bag (except the polypropylene webbing and clip buckles) is handmade at the Aoracreo workshop.
The outer layers are made from recycled HDPE and LDPE plastic bags collected from local businesses that produce plastic waste during their daily operations in Melbourne Australia. These plastics are turned into a durable, water-resistant and lightweight material that is fully recyclable, customisable and repairable. The lining is made either from upcycled discarded tents collected at music festivals or upcycled fabrics from local shops and friends. The bag features padding using EVA foam from naughty festival goers that leave their camping matts behind, when the party is over. In saying this we are against this kind of behaviour, and in no way we are promoting for people to leave their trash behind, in order for us to make things.
Both the plastic bags and upcycled tent tops, are water resistant, so you can make sure your items are going to be dry even in a stormy rain, however, plastic bags are not necessarily waterproof, and our methods of manufacturing avoid sealing tapes or waterproofing agents to avoid more waste, so over extended periods of time under heavy rain, water will eventually leak.