The creative commuter is a sleek and very lightweight backpack specially made for students and creatives wanting to carry the essentials from A to B, plus for the unexpected bulky or lengthy baggage.
It fits an A3 size sketchbook or folder, and the roll top opens fully to carry annoying long rulers, or material rolls.
It features a side zipper for quick access to an internal small pocket, and main cavity. It is fully padded on the back and bottom panel as well as shoulder straps, to provide protection for the items in the laptop compartment, and for extra comfort if wearing all day long.
The front panel, is decorated with plastic off-cuts, then heat pressed (not painted), thus creating a unique art piece just for you to wear and the world to see.
- Inner laptop compartment
- Unique decorative art piece on front panel
- Inner small pocket
- Side zipper for quick access to contents
- Roll top for water protection when closed and the unexpected extra baggage and long items
- Shoulder straps and back panel padding
- Recycled LDPE and HDPE plastic bags from local businesses
- Upcycled polyester, cotton and other materials from camping tents, curtains and clothing.
- Polypropylene webbing straps and adjusters
- Size: 60cm x 36.5cm x12.5cm
- Capacity: 20 - 27 Litres
- Weight: 486 grams
- Colour: Black with random lining color
- Origin of material: Shopping bags and commercially used plastic bags from food and textile industry
- Made in Melbourne, Australia
Noir - Creative commuter backpack
Everything composing this bag (except the polypropylene webbing and clip buckles) is handmade at the Aoracreo workshop.
The outer layers are made from recycled HDPE and LDPE plastic bags collected from local businesses that produce plastic waste during their daily operations in Melbourne Australia. These plastics are turned into a durable, water-resistant and lightweight material that is fully recyclable, customisable and repairable. The lining is made either from upcycled discarded tents collected at music festivals or upcycled fabrics from local shops and friends. The bag features padding using EVA foam from naughty festival goers that leave their camping matts behind, when the party is over. In saying this we are against this kind of behaviour, and in no way we are promoting for people to leave their trash behind, in order for us to make things.
Both the plastic bags and upcycled tent tops, are water resistant, so you can make sure your items are going to be dry even in a stormy rain, however, plastic bags are not necessarily waterproof, and our methods of manufacturing avoid sealing tapes or waterproofing agents to avoid more waste, so over extended periods of time under heavy rain, water will eventually leak.