The Amigos backpack will be come your best friend. It provides just what you need for your daily carryings, making sure everything stays dry and extra space with a roll top closure for bulky or long items. Shoulders and back padding are made using upcycled camping matts from hard rubbish. It closes by folding or rolling and clipping a plastic buckle. It is incredibly lightweight and sturdy.
- Ultra lightweight and Water repellent material
- Inner laptop compartment
- Roll top closure for unexpected extra baggage and long items
- Padded back and shoulder straps
- Top Handle
- Large front pocket
- Inner lining using upcycled tents or plastic bags.
- Abstract plastic bag color composition by Aora.
- Recycled LDPE and HDPE plastic bags from local businesses
- Upcycled polyester, cotton and other materials from camping tents, curtains and clothing, or Plastic bags.
- Polypropylene webbing straps and adjusters
- Size: 51cm x 36.5cm x12.5cm
- Capacity: 15 - 22 Litres
- Weight: 470 grams
- Colour: Yellow, Blue and white
- Origin of material: Shopping bags and commercially used plastic bags from food and textile industry.
- Made in Melbourne, Australia
Sun, sky and clouds - Amigos backpack
Everything composing this bag (except the polypropylene webbing and clip buckles) is handmade at the Aoracreo workshop.
The outer layers are made from recycled HDPE and LDPE plastic bags collected from local businesses that produce plastic waste during their daily operations in Melbourne Australia. These plastics are turned into a durable, water-resistant and lightweight material that is fully recyclable, customisable and repairable. The lining is made either from plastics, upcycled discarded tents collected at music festivals or upcycled fabrics from local shops and friends. The bag features padding using EVA foam from naughty festival goers that leave their camping matts behind, when the party is over. In saying this we are against this kind of behaviour, and in no way we are promoting for people to leave their trash behind, in order for us to make things.
Both the plastic bags and upcycled tent tops, are water resistant, so you can make sure your items are going to be dry even in a stormy rain, however, plastic bags are not necessarily waterproof, and our methods of manufacturing avoid sealing tapes or waterproofing agents to avoid more waste, so over extended periods of time under heavy rain, water will eventually leak.