The Compannnier bag is for those who prefer to go on wheels everywhere, and don’t want to carry worries or anything at all on their back. This compact yet spacious carrying device is a pannier and a messenger bag. It has detachable hooks made from pre-production plastic off-cuts, that can be attached to a bicycle rear rack. It also has an elastic to latch to the rack and avoid the bag from flagging sideways. With up to 20 Lt carrying capacity, this bag is perfect for the everyday bike commute. The bag is lined with upcycled tents materials.
- Ultra lightweight and Water repellent material
- Inner laptop compartment
- Roll top closure for unexpected extra baggage and long items
- Fully padded shoulder strap using upcycled EVA foam
- Top Handle
- Front pocket
- Inner lining using upcycled tents or other materials
- Recycled LDPE and HDPE plastic bags from local businesses
- Upcycled polyester, cotton and other materials from camping tents, curtains and clothing.
- Polypropylene webbing straps and clip buckle
- Hdpe rings made from pre-production plastic off-cuts
- Size: 13cm x 47cm x 35cm
- Capacity: 20 Litres
- Weight: 385 grams
- Colour: Blue and clear
- Origin of material: Shopping bags and commercially used plastic bags from food and textile industry.
- Made in Melbourne, Australia
Troblue - Compannier
Everything composing this bag (except the polypropylene webbing and clip buckles) is handmade at the Aoracreo workshop.
The outer layers are made from recycled HDPE and LDPE plastic bags collected from local businesses that produce plastic waste during their daily operations in Melbourne Australia. These plastics are turned into a durable, water-resistant and lightweight material that is fully recyclable, customisable and repairable. The lining is made either from upcycled discarded tents collected at music festivals or upcycled fabrics from local shops and friends. The bag features padding using EVA foam from naughty festival goers that leave their camping matts behind, when the party is over. In saying this we are against this kind of behaviour, and in no way we are promoting for people to leave their trash behind, in order for us to make things.
Both the plastic bags and upcycled tent tops, are water resistant, so you can make sure your items are going to be dry even in a stormy rain, however, plastic bags are not necessarily waterproof, and our methods of manufacturing avoid sealing tapes or waterproofing agents to avoid more waste, so over extended periods of time under heavy rain, water will eventually leak.