Making PLAYE - Workshops
Up-cycling plastic bags into useful materials and products
The making Playe workshop will teach you the very basics you need to get up-cycling plastic bags into materials and products that you can use very day. Wallets, pouches, computer and phone sleeves and more can be made with plastic bags once you know how to fuse it together. If you are a person that likes making, or sewing things, this is perfect for you to access a material that is perfect for innumerable applications and that helps repurpose plastic materials diverting them from landfill.
Every participant goes home with an overload of knowledge of what is possible with plastics plus they get to make a product or two or more, from scratch to take home.
Video material and links will be provided so you can guide yourself, as you enter the world of upcycling for future undertakings.
Some people would think - 'Oh but he is giving away his ideas'- and yes, i am because i believe that if we want to solve the current plastic crisis, everyone should know methods on how to repurpose plastic into something useful, so then there can be a bigger positive impact on the problem from the entire community.
And also, because my brain works different than yours, so i would absolutely love to see what you can come up with.
- All materials provided
- Participants get to take home something and accessory made from scratch
1.5 - 2.5 hours
What you learn:
- Basic plastic material chemistry
- Methods to make materials from plastic bags
- Basic methods to decorate materials and make a quick and small item like a wallet, pouch or phone sleeve.
- Basic material chemistry
- Advanced methods to make and decorate materials with different finishes like embossing and geometrical patterns,
- Advanced methods to shape polyethylene materials using household appliances to melt materials.
- Age: 13 years or older.
- Price is per person
- Participants will be exposed to minor Ethylene fumes emitted from fusing plastics. it is non toxic and all the Protective and safety equipment materials are provided.
- Every Tuesday and/or Wednesday from 6:00pm - 8:30pm
If different time and day needed, please specify in the form, we are flexible like bamboo.
- 1.5 hr Basic workshop : $65 per person (If you come with 2 more friends it is $55 per person.)
-2.5 hr Advanced workshop : $75 per person
Payment by card or cash is possible at the workshop or through a bank transfer.
For larger groups please fill the booking form specifying then number of people. Note that for groups of more than 10 people an assistant will be required adding to the fee.
FOR WORKSHOPS WITH 1 - 3
95 Phillips st Coburg, Victoria.
FOR WORKSHOPS FOR 4 - 8+ PEOPLE
33 Dudley St West Melbourne, Australia
We can also come to you, for travel arrangements please specify in quote form.