Making PLAYE - Workshops
Up-cycling plastic bags into useful materials and products
The making Playe workshop will teach you the very basics you need to get up-cycling plastic bags into materials and products that you can use very day. Wallets, pouches, computer and phone sleeves and more can be made with plastic bags once you know how to fuse it together. If you are a person that likes making, or sewing things, this is perfect for you to access a material that is perfect for innumerable applications and that helps repurpose plastic materials diverting them from landfill.
Every participant goes home with an overload of knowledge of what is possible with plastics plus they get to make a product or two or more, from scratch to take home.
Video material and links will be provided so you can guide yourself, as you enter the world of upcycling for future undertakings.
Some people would think - 'Oh but he is giving away his ideas'- and yes, i am because i believe that if we want to solve the current plastic crisis, everyone should know methods on how to repurpose plastic into something useful, so then there can be a bigger positive impact on the problem from the entire community.
And also, because my brain works different than yours, so i would absolutely love to see what you can come up with.
- All materials provided
- Participants get to take home something and accessory made from scratch
- 2 hours option
- 3 Hour for groups larger than 8
What you learn:
- Basic plastic material chemistry
- Basic Methods to make materials from plastic bags
- Basic methods to decorate materials and make a quick item.
- Age: 13 years or older.
- Price is per person
- Participants will be exposed to minor Ethylene fumes emitted from fusing plastics. it is non toxic and all the Protective and safety equipment materials are provided.
- Every Tuesday from 6:00pm - 8:00pm Until the 17th of December
If different time and day needed, please specify in the form.
- $70 per person for Individual workshops
- $65 per person for a two person workshop
- $60 per person for a three person workshop
- $55 per person for a 4 - 8 max person workshop.
Payment is possible at the event or by direct bank transfer.
For larger groups please fill the booking form specifying then number of people.
33 Dudley St West Melbourne, Australia
We can also come to you, for travel arrangements please specify in quote form.